Thursday, February 4, 2010

Update ...

It was a rough day for the most part for Cathy. Most who spent time with her over the last two days have expressed deep concern for my sweetheart.

I spent the late afternoon with Cathy taking her to Delnor Hospital to learn how to use the catheter to drain the fluid in her abdomen. 1650 ml of fluid was taken and I observed some relief and an uptick in Cathy's countenance.

Being "my evening off", I took the occasion to attend an "Adult Service Provider Resource Fair" [agencies offering services for individuals with disabilities]. I mention this for two reasons:
  1. I bumped into a number of people who know my wife and daughter. In discussing Cathy's situation, I was encouraged and so proud of my wife AND daughter with the comments about the impression they both have made through the years - bright sunshine!
  2. I returned home to find my wife back in the throes of her familiar and increasing pain

Thankfully, Cathy is able to sleep fairly well, thanks either to Advil or the prescribed Vicadin, and is doing so now. Thanks for your continued prayers, cards and acts of service, meals, etc.

4 comments:

Karin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karin said...

Greg-I have come across your blog as a google alert for "Delnor." I am from Community Health and Outreach at Delnor, and just wanted to let you know that we are here for you and your family. Please let me know if there is anything that you need from us.
Thanks, Karin Podolski
Director
Community Health and Outreach
Delnor Hospital
(630)208-3998
karin.podolski@delnor.com

Shannon said...

Cathy you are a constant in our thoughts and prayers. A day does not go by that we are before our Lord on your behalf. We long to see you and know that we continue to lift you up in prayer. You too Greg!! Love to you all. Jimmy & Shannon

Amber Johnson said...

Greg and Cathy,
Just letting you guys know that you are thought of each day, and we continue to pray for you each night. I hope that Cathy is experiencing less pain than what she was dealing with on Thursday's blog entry. Give Hopie our love, and keep us posted. Love you guys! Lori Johnson