Saturday, October 3, 2009

Welcome ERABS

Fellow classmates of '79. As Cathy's husband I want to thank you for checking her blog & your concern for her well being. You can bet both she and I would have much rather been catching up with you on this reunion night than where we are now. Cathy is /no, WAS resting comfortably as I write this. I'll not go into much of her current dilemma [you can read about it here] or our last 10 years since the 20th, but I can tell you she is, as she was in High School, well loved, interested in other's well being, energetic, fun and fun-loving. She has grown, however, since High School into a wise, loving and discerning mother, church youth leader, employee, friend and wife [we celebrated our 28th anniversary on August 1st]. Just a little context, as you read: our son Wesley is 22 and attempting to get into the Air Force to pursue special forces in S.E.R.E., our 19 year old daughter, Hope, is handicapped with a genetic defect called Angelman Syndrome and is our constant and sweet companion. Please join our little "community" in praying for Cathy's full recovery and Lisa or Erin can let you know how to get in touch with Cathy during/after her recuperation.

3 comments:

lisa henderson said...

i will reenter my comment, hope it is not a duplicate...as i am nearly computer illiterate, i was not even sure what a blog was...i sent my first text message just a couple months ago...once i found out what a blog was, i was unsure i was ready for the whole story as i only knew what i did from the few conversations that we had had...but, i put my big girl panties on and i did it...thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to hear your story...i really feel in some way more connected and don't feel like i have to call and take greg away from you cath...there is also such a feeling of helplessness...please know you can call me day or night and i mean that, and i will come out on a dime if you need me to...i really do want and need to see you cathy and hope it will be soon...don't fret, you won't have to entertain me at all and i promice i will not overstay or interfere...i will be calling you tomorrow (friday). just to let you know, i shared your blog spot with fellow classmates and hope they will follow your story of courage and strengh...i always knew you were a tough cookie cathy...my mom and sister are praying for you as well as many others tonight...i love you both more than you will ever know on this earth plane...love, lisa henderson lisacal79@aol.com cell#815-608-8691

Anonymous said...

Cathy--
I just want you to know that I am praying for you!! I love you and miss you so much and you are constantly such an encouragement to me. We are all praying :)
In Christ,
Stefi.

Deanna said...

Hi Greg,

I am Cathy's childhood/high school friend. I just want to let you know that my entire family is praying for her and we love her dearly. Keep the faith!!!!!

Love,
Deanna